Real Estate Law
As Middle Georgia’s largest real estate law practice, Martin Snow handles hundreds of millions of dollars’ worth of transactions annually and is involved in real estate transactions not only in Georgia but across the country.
From contract drafting and negotiation through due diligence and closing, Martin Snow supports residential and commercial clients from start to finish, ensuring a smooth process for any deal. Experienced at handling commercial and residential leases and sales, lender services, foreclosures, zoning issues, title insurance commitments and more, Martin Snow is home to one of Georgia’s only timberland acquisition, management and financing practices. We can handle purchases and sales involving property as small as a city lot to several hundred thousand acres. We also conduct title examinations using our full-time abstractors and work with individuals and title companies to resolve title issues.
The firm’s real estate clients include residential and commercial developers, as well as timber companies, using Martin Snow’s wide range of expertise in contract preparation, loan closing and title research filings with state and local governments.
Our firm works hand in hand with our clients, whether a purchaser, seller or lender, to facilitate the transactions and ensure our clients’ interests are protected.
Our vast experience benefits our clients by allowing them to avoid costly delays and mistakes. To ensure all of our clients’ needs are met, we also offer our tax finance and litigation expertise. Specific real estate services provided by Martin Snow include:
- Advice and services regarding landlord/tenant, or lender/borrower breach of contract
- Commercial real estate deals
- Commercial leases
- Contract preparation and negotiation for leases, purchases, rentals and sales
- Construction loans
- Dispossessories, foreclosures and condemnation proceedings
- Document preparation relating to the development of real estate, including restrictive covenants, easement agreements, management agreements, leasing issues
- Organize and provide counsel to homeowners associations
- Due diligence
- Foreclosure confirmations and deficiency judgments
- Formation of entities for the purpose of title holding
- Insurance commitments and policies
- Lease preparation, negotiation and consummation for both landlords and tenants including multi-family, office and retail space
- Lender’s counsel services
- Materialman’s liens law
- Property management issues
- Residential sales, refinancing and commercial matters
- Representation of lenders and borrowers
- Timberland acquisitions, management and financing
- Title examinations
- Title insurance
- Ben F. McElreath, Jr.
- Blair K. Cleveland
- J. Kenneth Walker
- Jonathan D. Moore
- K. Amber Duff
- Katie O’Brien Berg
- T. Baron Gibson, II
- Thomas Peter Allen III